Friday, September 11, 2009

My MOFGA poster submission....

So there I was thinking I had missed the deadline for a submission to the MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association... a marHvellous organization which puts on the wonderful annual "Common Ground Fair" coming up soon on Sept. 25, 26 and 27th) poster competition for 2010 when some lovely person at the Belfast Coop, thank you KATE, told me the deadline had been extended to September 10th at 4pm. Well...what the heck I thought, I might as well pull something together, I work well with a tight deadline, and throw my hat in the ring too. Those of you who read the blog will recognize the rooster from my Belfast Chicken Village t-shirt...a little less colourful this time, and here above you see the beginnings of my design...in my usual messy manner (actually this is a little tidied for the photograph - I CANNOT work on a clean table...just not possible and believe me I have tried!)
Here is the finished result...my apologies for the not-so-good quality of the photograph...it was too large for me to scan on my 8.5 x 11 scanner so the image is distorted and the colours are not good but you get the general idea...if MOFGA doesn't take it I have plans to make it into a new year's card for...you guessed it, this coming New Year!!!
Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Acornmoon said...

You would get my vote!

Good luck x

HAWTHORN HALL said...

It is really lovely. You get my vote too!

Gillian

Cakebrain said...

well done! good luck! wish I could be so artistic!