Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm so excited!!! I have a new toy....

Just a small post dear friends to say how excited I am that James has procured for us a wondrous refurbished large format printer which is archival and wonderful and OOOOH la la divine......this means that I can now offer my work as prints on nice watercolour paper, nice and big and non-fading (within reason of course), I do so like to hang on to my originals, I have such a hard time parting with them and now I have another avenue to explore where I don't have to say "Au revoir" to my creations. I didn't think a printer of this caliber would ever be within my reach but people the prices are dropping like lead pickles from the sky and yea!! for that!! If you have an interest in any image you have seen here on my sugary blog as an archival print do drop a line by clicking on "View my complete profile" in the right hand column under my profile pic where there is a link to my e-mail....wish me luck, I'll be printing late into the night...and of course now I have to rescan a lot of work at higher rezes in order to enlarge the original image as a print....but no complaints from me.....I have a 'new' printer!!

6 comments:

Acornmoon said...

Oh, I am soooo jealous. I need a new printer but my eyes glaze over when I read the manuals and info on web sites. What shall I buy if I want to print with archival inks? Without costing a fortune?

I can see why you don't want to part with your originals, they are precious.

Regina said...

oh! I need to purchase one soon. Mine is 6 years old! Which did you get? happy?

Caroline said...

What a wounderful blog!

Caroline said...

I hope it was okey that I was using your picture. If you click on the pic you get to your page. I was writing about my bithday that is today, other days I write most about design, gardens and what I do in school. (studing gardendesign)

(sorry for my bad english)

/Caroline

Caroline said...

Thanks for the congrats! =) I had a great day in Copenhagen (Denmark, the train takes 40 min) with my mother. We visit a big palm greenhouse in the botanical garden.

I did find you blog by googling the words "pink cupcake" I think.

Today began with sunshine at first but in the afternoon it rained, about three degrees. This winter has generally been very cold and with an unusual amount of snow that just begun to melt away and the winter aconite and snowdrops have begun to come up.

Have you ever been in Europe?

/Caroline

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Oh, that's so exciting! Congratulations. Have fun playing with your new toy!