Saturday, May 4, 2013

Red Maple flowers and gleaming blue skies in Maine

These last few days in Maine have been stunning - bright polished clear blue skies - narry a cloud to be seen - and the burgeoning buds and flowers glowing all around. The last 2 days I have been enamoured of what turns out to be Red Maple male flowers - I didn't know what they were until I did a Google search - and behold they are that most Maine of trees being all beautiful and bright.


I have to admit I do like the way the backgrounds have turned out - smudgy and out of focus in a nice, painterly kind of way - thank you little camera mine :)


I am going to attempt to wrangle these images into an allover surface print for my Spoonflower shop where the design will be offered as fabric, wallpaper, decals and most recently, wrapping paper - wish me luck, I am not sure yet how large scale of a repeat I will be able to make as my camera files are not that big it being an older camera and not so fancy but I will make a valiant attempt and keep you abreast of my efforts - I know for sure I can offer some of these images on smaller fare such as iPhone cases, cards and other things apropos for this format.

May the gleaming days continue!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely images!! Really captured the beauty of the last few days here. I am impressed that there aren't blackflies zipping through the photos, though. They're everywhere here. :)